The deep blue sea surrounds an island topped with houses painted in pure white. The sweet smell of calamari with fresh olive oil fills the air. The sun kisses everything on this beautiful island in the Aegean Sea. It’s called Santorini and it’s in Greece. When I was 24 I went backpacking in Europe. I visited Santorini, more wonderful parts of Greece and other European countries.
As a teacher I want to find people who can inspire my students. It’s great to find someone who is Vietnamese that children can look up to. I want to tell you about Trần Đặng Đăng Khoa. Khoa is from Vietnam and he’s a world traveller. He rode his motorbike from Saigon to Paris! He started in June and finished in October. Along the way he visited the island of Santorini.
More about Trần Đặng Đăng Khoa:
- Khoa is a 30 year old Vietnamese writer.
- He’s from Go Cong province in the south of Vietnam.
- He rode is motorbike from Saigon to Paris in 150 days. He travelled 20,000 kilometers.
- He visited 23 countries (including India, Greece, Italy & Germany).
- He dreamed about his trip since he was 10 years old. It took him 2 years to prepare.
- The motorbike he used was a Honda Wave.
These pictures show Khoa in Chile, Paris and Italy.
Khoa has already started his next trip. It began in Africa. He will travel through South America and then back to Vietnam stopping in Australia.
You can follow Khoa’s 2017-2018 trip online here:
More posts about Khoa’s 2017 trip here: