Helpful tips: Last night I was talking with my students. I asked them, “How do you get better at English?”. I wanted to know what really works for them when learning English. Below is a list of what we came up with.
* Listen to English songs
* Read books in English
* Watch videos in English on YouTube
* Speak with foreigners, friends, teachers and family members in English
* Do online English exercises
* Watch English TV shows/movies
* Stand in front of the mirror and practice speaking in English
* Make sentences with new words
* Play English games online
Here are two easy games you can play with friends anywhere.
1. Word Battle – Write as many English words as you can that start with a specific letter.
2. Word Chain – Each player thinks of a word that starts with the last letter of the last word. For example: tree, elephant, table, egg.
Here are the links for this week.
- Four Very Embarrassing English Pronunciation Mistakes
- Common SLANG Americans Use All the Time
- Dan explains the use of WOULD
- How uncountable nouns work in sentences
- How Do You Learn Best? The 13 Best Ways to Learn English for Different Learning Styles
- Learn English with 19 TV Shows Americans Are Obsessed With
- Listen Up! How to Learn English by Improving Your Listening Skills