Skip to content
How to Practice Speaking
- Schedule time to meet with your classmates and have a discussion in English (topic ideas: what you’re learning, current events, hobbies, etc).
- Talk to your friends in English instead of your native language.
- Watch a video on FluentU with English subtitles, click on the word to hear the correct pronunciation, practice speaking that new word many times.
- Practice pronouncing new words in front of a mirror.
- Have “shower conversations” (see this video for how to do this).
- Speak new words slowly at first. Learn how to divide words up into syllables.
How to Practice Listening
How to Practice Reading
- Read British Newspapers
- Read American Newspapers
- Read Fairy Tales
- Read Magazines
How to Practice Writing