A free English club for anyone who wants to improve their speaking skills. The members are fun, friendly and helpful. There are meetings every Tuesday morning (8:30 – 11:00 AM) at Sonata Cafe. Please join the Facebook group and like the Facebook page.
- Practice Speaking English – Use what you’ve learned in the classroom in the real word.
- Speak With Foreigners – Talk with native English speakers from countries such as America, England and Canada.
- Play Fun Games – Get better at speaking and listening by playing fun games.
Questions and Answers
- Where do you meet? – We meet at Sonata Cafe in Vinh. The address is 6 Le Mao Street.
- When do you meet? – We meet every Tuesday from 8:30 to 11:00 AM.
- Can anyone come? – Anyone 14 or older can come to the meetings.
- Is it free? – Yes, it’s free. Sonata helps us by letting us use their space. When you make a purchase you help them. Please consider supporting our gracious host Sonata.
- How do I register/sign-up for a meeting? – It’s not necessary to do that. You don’t have to ask for permission to come to a meeting. HEC is free and open to anyone.
- I’m bad at English and I’m shy. Should I come to a meeting? – You should come. We will help you. You will become more confident with every meeting you go to.
- Is there a Facebook group? – Yes, there is. Please join it here.
- Is there a Facebook page? – Yes, there is. Please like it here.
- Are there other English clubs in Vinh? – Yes, there are. You can find a list of them here.
- Where are the handouts for the meetings? – Every meeting has a topic, conversation starter questions and usually a game. Here are links to all of them (starting from 2016).
- What’s the phone number? – You can call me at 0961 256 761.
- What’s the email address? – You can email me here.
- Who are the leaders? – Sean and his wife Thuy.
- When did HEC start? – Sean and Thuy started it in March, 2016.
- Has HEC ever been on TV? – Yes, it has! You can see a video here.